Scanogen is looking for a motivated and skilled research technician to join our R&D team. We are a rapidly-growing start-up company developing the first point-of-care nucleic acid detection platform. We need highly driven and inventive individuals to revolutionize clinical diagnostics.
Job Summary: The main focus is to support the R&D team by preparing materials, testing assays and maintaining the laboratory inventory.
- Prepare materials and reagents for molecular diagnostic assays
- Optimize reagent preparation protocols
- To test both manual and automated molecular diagnostic assays
- To maintain the laboratory inventory
- Bachelor or Masters degree in molecular biology, biotechnology
or related field
- At least 1 year of relevant laboratory experience
- Ability to interact with colleagues in a team environment
- Willingness to perform a variety of tasks beyond area of core
- Entrepreneurial, “can do” attitude
- Experience in molecular diagnostics is a plus
- Experience in cancer or infectious disease research is a plus