The research technician will work under minimal supervision to manage the daily operations of the Kharas lab in the Molecular Pharmacology & Chemistry Department at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. This role is meant to assist in a variety of tasks including: to maintain a functioning laboratory with mouse strains, perform experiments, and to work with the other lab members.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Maintain existing collection of instruments and inventories.
• Place purchase requisitions for reagents and laboratory materials.
• Perform experimental tests related to molecular imaging studies by using cell culture analysis techniques in cell cultures, in situ, and in tissue samples. ** (e.g. cell culture, cell transduction,PCR, fluorescence microscopy, FACS analysis, western blots, and receptor-based assays)**
• Prepare mouse specimens for testing
• Perform retrieval of data
• Summarize results/data reports
• BA/BS in Biological or Natural Sciences, with 1 year of job-related experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong MS Office skills including Excel
• Experience working with cell cultures, transduction of cells in vitro, PCR, and receptor-based assays
Please Note: This position requires work with murine animals and chemicals.