We're looking for a Communications Strategist to join our team. If you have strong communications skills, a passion for solving hard problems, and a knack for visual design, we'd love to meet you.
Palantir enables the world's most important institutions to solve their hardest problems, but we can only scale our impact at these institutions if they understand our software, our people, and what we're capable of accomplishing together. As Communications Strategists, we help our customers understand what we do, how we do it, and what that means for their business.
Communications Strategists work at our largest partnerships to craft the messaging, framing, and modes of delivery that will resonate most strongly with a given audience. This role is neither static nor easily defined. It requires the ability to thrive in a highly technical and data-driven environment. Once here, you will shape communications that help grow our business, whether it's figuring out the best framing for a critical customer meeting, equipping customer counterparties with language and frameworks for telling Palantir's story across an organization, or visually conveying complex ideas to an executive audience. If you identify with any of these kinds of challenges, we'd love to talk to you.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Exceptional communication skills (visual, written, etc.). You can distill and synthesize complex concepts to develop compelling narratives and framing for proposals, marketing collateral, critical presentations, and other strategic interactions.
- Excellence in branding, marketing, and / or design. You grasp the nuance of customer motivations and needs and have a track record of using design (e.g., graphic design, information design) to achieve business or organizational outcomes.
- A collaborative mindset. You thrive in situations with many different counterparties and different points of view. You're as comfortable with planning and vision-setting as you are with supporting projects led by others. You're open to new ideas and not afraid to learn from failure.
- Demonstrated fluency with technology. You recognize that every Palantir team faces different communications challenges, and you're prepared to learn new skills or technologies to deliver the most effective solutions.
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written, visual, both formal and casual, etc.), and sharp instincts for visual storytelling through data visualizations, digital presentations, and designs
- In your past life, you may have been in consulting, digital marketing, finance, law, public policy, or government (we were)
- BA/BS (or MA/MS/JD/MBA/PhD) from a top university or equivalent experience
- Ability to travel 50-75% of the time