Summer 2020 Business Development (New Drug Discovery) Intern - CEO Seoul
CEO Program Description:
This internship is offered through the Columbia Experience Overseas (CEO) program. To learn more about CEO, go to http://www.careereducation.columbia.edu/findajob/cce-internship/ceo. All CEO 2020 internships will be posted on LionSHARE during the Fall 2019 semester and January 2020 on a rolling basis. To find CEO internship postings, search under the Internships tab on LionSHARE, and use the “Label” function. You may apply to up to eight (8) positions of interest across all CEO locations. You can find all CCE Sponsored Internship positions by going to https://www.careereducation.columbia.edu/jobs-internships/cce-internship-program-positions/search. You must be in good academic and judicial standing with Columbia University to be eligible to participate in the program. By submitting an application, I authorize the Center for Career Education to conduct academic and disciplinary checks to confirm program eligibility.
Company Job Description:
• Assist the Business Development department to conduct business meetings with different Contract Research Organizations (CROs) and consultants worldwide.
• Help coordinate our company's ongoing new drug development programs with the R&D team, and provide research reports, data analysis, as well as scientific insight for those programs.
• Provide supports to business development projects (in-licensing and out-licensing)
• This is a highly cross-functional role. The candidates are preferred to have an academic background in science (Biological Science, Biochemistry, Biomedical Engineering, etc.), and also show a general interest in the business sector of the pharmaceutical industry.
• Most of the activities involved in this internship are team-based assignments.
• During this internship period, some confidential information will be involved in the activities mentioned above. As a result, the candidate must be willing to sign a Confidential Disclosure Agreement (CDA).
• Work for Yuyu Pharma’s International Business Development Department
• Conduct market research and competitive landscape analysis
• Review business document as well as scientific journal
• Monitor company’s project management system
• Assist in communication with different internal departments
• Prepare document for both internal & external meetings, update master slide decks
• Provide logistic support such as scheduling, file organization or other office tasks
There are at least two required components to all CEO position applications and potentially more as requested by each employer as outlined below:
The following documents must be submitted through LionSHARE for each position of interest:
- Transcript (This is your spring course schedule which you should access by logging onto Student Services Online, clicking on “My Schedule” and copying and pasting your Spring 2020 course schedule into a Microsoft Word Document. The schedule should show your full name, your school, your Spring 2020 Courses, and your enrollment status.)
- Cover Letter (if required - click ‘Apply Now’ and check for required documents)
- Other materials (ex: Writing Sample, etc. if required - click ‘Apply Now’ and check for required documents)
The CEO program runs June 15- August 7, 2020. Students must participate for the entire duration of the program. Submit your completed applications via LionSHARE by Sunday, February 2, 2020.